12 May 2012

the wonderful wizarding world of harry potter...


So, I'm back from Florida, and WOW.

Harry Potter World was amazing.

For serious {Sirius? HA!}, it felt so real!

The Forbidden Journey through Hogwarts ride was incredible.  A virtual efects ride has never felt so real!  The whole concept is that you're on a broomstick following Harry, Ron, and Hermione through Hogwarts and down around the grounds.  You encounter obstacles from the books like dementors, acromantulas {the big spiders}, a dragon, and the Whomping Willow.  It's a mix of going through actual sets of the rooms from the castle, and virtual things like flying through a game of Quidditch {which was one of my favorite parts!!}.  I literally felt like I was playing the game - so cool!

Then, there's the village of Hogsmeade.  They have all the shops like Honeydukes, Zonko's, and more. We had lunch and butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks, bought candy at Honeydukes, I bought a Slytherin scarf, and a wand.  Snape's wand!  And they had Olivander's!

I could go on for ages.  But instead, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.

P.S.  Stay tuned for the rest of my Florida adventures, coming tomorrow!
Pin It button on image hover